- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Sardines with Caviar Cucumber Canapes Recipe
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Yellow mustard||2 Teaspoon, prepared|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Water packed sardines||11 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (Norway, 3 cans, 3 3/4-oz each)|
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.1 mg
Sodium 78.6 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 1% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thinly slice cucumber on the diagonal into about 24 slices and place on a small tray.
2. In small bowl, with wire whisk, combine lemon juice, oil, sugar, mustard, parsley and red-pepper sauce until well mixed.
3. In a 9-by-9-by-2-inch glass dish place drained sardines and drizzle lemon mixture over sardines. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
4. Just before serving, prepare Caviar-Cucumber Canapes.
5. For making Caviar-Cucumber Canapes spoon a scant teaspoon sour cream onto each cucumber slice and top with 1/8 teaspoon caviar.
6. Line a serving platter with lettuce.
7. Using small pancake turner, carefully transfer or lift marinated sardines to center of platter, keeping them intact.
8. Arrange lemon wedges and some of the canapes around sardines and serve.