- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Rib Steaks with Garlic Parsley Butter Recipe
|Pinot noir||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Medium Bodied)|
|Shallot||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Rib steaks||22 Ounce, trimmed of excess fat (2 Pieces, 11 Ounce Each On / Off The Bone, 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2949 Calories from Fat 1969
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 225 g346.6%
Saturated Fat 71.3 g356.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 717.6 mg
Sodium 4109.4 mg171.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 200 g399.1%
Vitamin A 84.7% Vitamin C 71.5%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a glass, ceramic, or other nonreactive dish just large enough to hold the steaks, whisk together the reduced wine, the shallot, and a few generous grindings of pepper. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of the oil. Add the steaks and turn a few times to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours, turning and basting every so often. Refrigerate if marinating any longer than this.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash together the butter, garlic, parsley, flour, a pinch of salt, and a few grindings of pepper until well combined. Shape into 4 tablespoon-sized rounds, put on a small plate, cover, and refrigerate.
4. Remove the steaks from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Blot the steaks lightly with a paper towel to remove excess moisture and sprinkle generously with salt.
5. Preheat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Carefully add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil and swirl the oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add the steaks and cook for about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
6. Transfer the steaks to serving plates and pour off any fat in the skillet. Keep the steaks warm in a very low (200°F) oven.
7. Let the skillet cool for about 30 seconds and then place over medium heat. Add the reserved marinade and cook until reduced by half, scraping the bottom of the skillet to loosen any browned bits. Remove from the heat and whisk in the garlic-parsley butter, 1 piece at a time, until smooth. Spoon the sauce over the steaks and serve immediately.