- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Grilled Tuna Recipe
|Tuna steaks/Salmon steaks||32 Ounce, cut 1 inch thick (4 Pieces, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Grated gingerroot/1/2 teaspoon ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg
Sodium 2085.1 mg86.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.6%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 55 g110.3%
Vitamin A 99.1% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 3% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and mix sherry, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, gingerroot, garlic and pepper well to prepare the marinade.
2. Take a 12x7 1/2x2-inch baking dish and arrange tuna steaks as a single layer and pour the marinade.
3. Cover, keep in the refrigerator and allow the tuna to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Turn tuna steaks intermittently for even marinating.
5. Drain the tuna steaks and discard the leftover marinade.
6. On a cooking grid, arrange the marinated tuna steaks.
7. On medium coals, grill directly uncovered for 10 minutes or till the tuna can be flaked off using fork.
8. Serve hot.