- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Grilled Leg of Lamb Recipe
|Leg of lamb||8 Pound, butter flied (Boned)|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), finely minced|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 986 Calories from Fat 471
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.3%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.9 mg
Sodium 2128.3 mg88.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 89 g177.3%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 48.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix together garlic, honey, soy sauce and dry sherry.
2) In a shallow roasting pan or baking dish, place the lamb and douse it completely with the prepared marinade.
3) Wrap the pan or dish with a cling film and allow it to marinate at least 12 hours. It can be marinated for a maximum of 4 days in the fridge.
4) Prepare hot coals for the grill.
5) Bring the marinated lamb to room temperature before placing on the grill. Grill the meat till it it done to your liking.
6) Get the lamb out of grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
7) Heat the remaining marinade and serve as a sauce on the side.