- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Fruit Recipe
|Dry vermouth/Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pineapple/One can (1 pound, 4 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice||1 Medium|
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.73 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.7 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 66.6 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 323.7%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, stir together the vermouth or orange juice, sugar and cinnamon.
2. With a large and sharp fruit knife, quarter the pineapple with the frond.
3. Slice the pineapple flesh from each quarter leave a thin shell of the skin.
4. Cut and discard core from pineapple quarters.
5. Dice pineapple and add to liquid.
6. Using a small paring knife, pith the oranges and section into a bowl, catching the juices as well in the bowl.
7. Halve pears, core and slice each half into quarters.
8. Add oranges and pears to bowl and toss.
9. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, tossing occasionally until flavors are mellowed and fruits are chilled.
10. Spoon the marinated fruit into pineapple shells and serve with dessert spoons.
If using orange juice, reduce sugar to 2 tablespoons.