- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Fish Greek Style Recipe
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|White wine||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Haddock fillets/Cod fillets||12 Ounce, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1097 Calories from Fat 549
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.7%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.7 mg
Sodium 1671.1 mg69.6%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 44 g87%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 105.3%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the tomato sauce, wine, garlic, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and rosemary in a small saucepan.
2) Cover the pan and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) While the sauce is cooking, combine together the flour, salt and pepper on a sheet of wax paper or a plate.
4) Dredge the fish cubes properly in the flour mixture to coat them.
5) Heat the oil in a 9-inch non-stick skillet.
6) Add the fish cubes to the oil and sautÃ©, turning to brown well on all the sides, till cooked. This usually takes 6 to 8 minutes.
7) In a shallow container (not aluminium) put the cooked fish and pour the tomato sauce all over. Allow to cool.
8) Cover the container and refrigerate overnight.
9) About 30 minutes before serving, remove the fish from the fridge.
10) Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
11) Serve immediately.