- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Filet Mignon Steaks With Artichokes And Rosemary Potato Galette Recipe
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Rosemary||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rosemary sprig||4 , garnish|
Calories 989 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g88.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.2 mg
Sodium 743.5 mg31%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.3%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.5%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 224.9%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. in a mixing bowl, put together all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
2. in a large dish, place steaks in single layer and add the marinade over it.
3. Cover the dish with plastic wraps and let the steaks sit in the marinade at room temperature for at least 1 hour or refrigerate overnight but bring the steaks to room temperature before grilling; turn the steaks once.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut into very thin slices, preferably with a mandolin slicer; do not rinse the potatoes because they need the starch to adhere to one another.
5. Grease bottom of a 10-inch nonstick saute pan or skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter.
6. Preheat the grill or broiler.
7. In the bottom of the greased pan, arrange one-third of the potatoes in a spiral pattern starting from the center towards the edge; overlap the slices slightly an endure the bottom of the skillet should is covered with the potatoes.
8. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with one-third of the rosemary and thyme.
9. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of butter over the potatoes.
10. In the same way, arrange another layer of potatoes, season with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and 2 tablespoon butter.
11. Repeat layers once more with remaining galette ingredients.
12. Cook the potatoes over medium-low heat for 8 - 10 minutes until the bottom layer of potatoes begins to turn brown and crisp (check with a spatula).
13. In the middle rack of the broiler, place the skillet of potatoes and cook 10 - 12 minutes until the top is golden brown and fork-tender.
14. In a saucepan, prepare the artichokes.
15. Add flour and gradually add water while whisking until it forms a thin paste.
16. Add salt and heat until the mixture simmers; whisking continuously to avoid formation of lumps.
17. Add juice of 2 lemons into the sauce.
18. Remove the pan from heat.
19. Break the stem of each artichoke from the base.
20. Rub the squeezed lemon on the bottom of the artichokes to prevent discoloration.
21. Cut 1/3rd portion from the top of the artichokes and discard.
22. Remove the outer leaves from the artichoke to expose the bottoms.
23. Rub the exposed bottom with lemon.
24. Cut off the remaining inner leaves just above the artichoke bottoms.
25. Add the prepared artichokes into the saucepan of water mixture.
26. Add more water to cover the artichokes completely.
27. Bring the artichokes to a boil and then lower the heat.
28. Cover the pan and let them simmer for 25 - 30 minutes until the artichokes are knife tender.
29. Drain, scoop and discard the fuzzy choke with a spoon.
30. Remove the filets from the marinade and pat dry.
31. Season the fillets with salt.
32. Place the fillets over the grill and cook over medium-hot fire for 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare or about 7 minutes per side for medium.
33. Cut the potato galette into portions or wedges.
34. Reheat the artichokes in salt water.
35. On each warm serving plate, place filets on one side and a portion of the potato galette next to the steaks.
36. Garnish the galette with the rosemary.
37. Serve with the artichokes.