- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Brussels Sprouts Recipe
|Brussels sprouts/2 packages (10 ounce each) frozen brussels sprouts||1 1⁄4 Pound, frozen|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chervil/Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 161.3 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 214.6%
Calcium 10% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim fresh Brussels sprouts, halve lengthwise, and wash well.
2. Cook under cutting and cooking. Drain and keep aside.
3. Alternately follow package directions to cook the frozen sprouts. Drain, cool and halve.
4. Transfer sprouts into a deep bowl.
5. In a small bowl mix oil, chervil, garlic, sugar, salt, tarragon, pepper, and lemon peel.
6. Pour the mixture over sprouts.
7. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Stir several times in between.
8. Drizzle lemon juice and vinegar over them and mix well.
9. Serve in a shallow bowl.