- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Asparagus Recipe Video
|Fresh asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Green onions||1 Small (With Tops)|
|Celery||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Diced pimiento/Pimento strips||2 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (You May Use Any Type Of Vinegar)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1449 Calories from Fat 977
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1147.4 mg47.8%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 106.1 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 47.1% Vitamin C 126.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the asparagus and snap off woody ends.
2. Keep them in a pot of boiling water, along with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
3. Remove and drain through a colander and run cold water over the asparagus in the colander until cooled.
4. Lay asparagus flat in a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine green pepper, green onion, celery, garlic, pimientos, vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, and paprika.
6. Mix well and pour over asparagus. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
7. Drain marinade before serving. This green vegetable is nutritious and delicious! I hope it brightens your holiday table! --Betty