- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Artichokes and Shrimp In Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
|Seedless orange||1 Large, peeled and sectioned|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Fat free mayonnaise||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme/1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Raw shrimp||12 Ounce (12 Shrimps)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg
Sodium 225.6 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 65.2%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor or blender jar, combine first 4 ingredients for vinaigrette
2. Process until smooth and pour into a medium size, dry, glass bowl
3. Add oil in a steady steam while whisking until all of it is incorporated into the dressing
4. Add artichoke hearts to dressing and toss to coat.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or overnight, tossing the bowl occasionally.
6. Shell shrimp, leaving tails
7. Devein shrimp.
8. In a saucepan, heat orange juice to a boil
9. Blanch shrimp in the orange juice for 2 – 3 minutes just until they turn pink.
10. Let cool in the cooking liquid.
11. On each of the 6 salad plates, arrange attractively 3 marinated artichoke hearts.
12. Garnish each with 2 shrimp.
13. Spoon vinaigrette and orange juice over the artichokes.
14. Garnish with fresh Italian parsley.