- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Marinara Sauce- Crazy Simple and Delicious Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Canned tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (1 can)|
|Basil leaves||5 , minced|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 404.5 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 32% Vitamin C 39.8%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large skillet heat olive oil. Sauté’ onion, garlic and red pepper flakes until onions are tender.
2. Add tomato paste and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Stir to combine well.
3. Cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, parsley, oregano, basil and the remaining chicken broth.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a little brown sugar to reduce the acidity of the tomatoes if needed.
7. Remove from heat and let it sit of a few minutes.
8. In a serving bowl, serve this sauce as a dip or use it to make pastas, lasagne or any other recipe of choice.