- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinara Sauce Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Large, lightly bruised|
|Canned plum tomatoes||112 Ounce, drained and coarsely chopped (Four 28 Ounce Cans)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), torn in half|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1445 Calories from Fat 509
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7691.7 mg320.5%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g55.9%
Dietary Fiber 33.5 g134.1%
Sugars 86.7 g
Protein 31 g62.3%
Vitamin A 471.8% Vitamin C 892.8%
Calcium 79.9% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large heavy pot, over medium-low heat, heat oil and sauté garlic in it for 3 to 4 minutes until it colors slightly but does not burn.
2) Take it off from heat and mix in tomatoes and wine carefully.
3) Place the pot back to medium heat and then add in parsley, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and sugar, stirring well.
4) Uncover and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Use as required at once or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.