- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Marinara Sauce for Pasta Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, roasted|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon (dry or fresh)|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (fresh or canned)|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.7 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 1 g2%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 5% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a preheated pan add a little olive oil.
2. Add a teaspoon of roasted garlic and sauté for a minute or two.
3. Add chopped red onion and cook until it is translucent.
4. Add a little dry or fresh oregano
5. Deglaze the pan by adding a little white wine.
6. Add chopped ripe red tomatoes in and cook for about 5 minutes such that the flavors are well mixed.
7. Add a little tomato paste to thicken the sauce and cook for about 2 minutes.
8. In a bowl add cooked penne pasta, pour over the cooked sauce and serve.
9. Garnish with a few cilantro leaves and serve.
This video is a creation of chefbinks. You can visit chefbinks for complete recipes, and more videos.