- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Margherita Pizza Recipe Video
|Gluten free all purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Greek yogurt||11 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Topping)|
|Grated pecorino romano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Topping)|
|Mozzarella bocconcini||1⁄2 Pound (For Topping)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Topping)|
|Dried thyme/Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Topping)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Topping)|
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.4 mg19.8%
Sodium 1320.4 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 74.7% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Grease the pizza pan of your choice with nonstick spray.
3. For the crust – In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir well all the ingredients. Add in the yogurt and mix well.
5. Scrape the pile of sticky dough onto the center of the greased pizza pan.
6. Grease hands with some oil and pat the dough.
7. Drizzle the base with olive oil, sprinkle red pepper flakes, basil, and sprinkle dried thyme.
8. Spoon the tomato sauce over the pizza, sprinkle over the grated cheese.
9. Scatter the Bocconcini across the pizza.
10. Bake the Pizza at 425 for 20 minutes to get a deep golden brown crust.
11. Cut the pizza in squares and serve.