- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Margaret's Swiss Steak Recipe
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Round steak||2 Pound (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 319.3 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 25 g50.4%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the bottom of a slow cooker, put the onions and celery.
2) Cut the steak neatly into serving-size pieces and dredge the pieces in 1/4 cup flour.
3) In a saucepan, brown the meat on both sides in oil. Transfer to the slow cooker.
4) Sprinkle salt and pepper all over and pour on the tomatoes.
5) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for about 9 hours. Take the meat out of the cooker and keep it warm.
6) Turn the heat to high.
7) Blend water and 1/4 cup of flour together and stir the mixture into the sauce in the slow cooker.
8) Cover the cooker and cook for about 15 minutes.
9) Serve the steak hot with the sauce on the side.