- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mardi Gras Chicken Livers Recipe
|Frozen chicken livers||1 Pound, thawed (1 Package)|
|Thinly sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Condensed tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Use As Required)|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 407.4 mg
Sodium 338 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 22 g43.7%
Vitamin A 263.7% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 63.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, melt butter. Add in the livers, onion and celery.
2) Saute till the ingredients become tender.
3) Add in the condensed tomato soup, parsley, water and lemon juice.
4) Heat the mixture well. Keep stirring in between.
5) Serve the Mardi Gras Chicken Livers over rice.