- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marble Cake Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cloves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine/shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), firmly packed|
|Egg yolks||3 , well beaten|
|Sour milk/Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine/shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5501 Calories from Fat 2025
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 230 g354.1%
Saturated Fat 139.4 g696.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1096.3 mg
Sodium 4207.4 mg175.3%
Total Carbohydrates 794 g264.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.4%
Sugars 358.9 g
Protein 83 g166.1%
Vitamin A 139.5% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 223.3% Iron 252.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Dark part: Sift the flour, soda, salt and spices together 3 times.
3. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until soft; gradually add the brown sugar, beating until creamy and light; add the egg yolks and the molasses and beat thoroughly.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour milk or buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
5. Light part: Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until soft; gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar, beating until creamy and light.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
7. Whip the egg whites stiff and gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat thoroughly; fold into the batter. Drop alternate spoonfuls of dark and light batter into the pan to form a marbled effect. Bake about 1 hour, or until delicately browned on top. Let the cake cool in the pan about 10 minutes; then loosen the sides and around the tube with a sharp knife and turn the cake out onto the cake rack to cool thoroughly.