- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Maple Apple Carrot Dish Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, sliced to make about 3/4 cup|
|Carrots||6 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Maple flavored syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Tart apples||2 Medium, unpeeled , cut into wedges|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg
Sodium 620.8 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.2%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 622.7% Vitamin C 388.7%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, saute the onion in the butter until tender, avoid browning.
2) Stir in the syrup, carrots, and salt.
3) Cook covered over a gentle heat for about 15 min.
4) Lastly, stir in the apple and simmer covered for further 15 min, stirring occasionally until the carrots soften.
5) Serve immediately in a nice plate.