- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Maple-Whipped Sweet Potatoes Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||4 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Pure maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 335.5 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.7%
Sugars 30.7 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 1294.4% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. With knife pierce sweet potatoes all over.
3. Lay them on middle rack of the oven.
4. Bake potatoes for about an hour or until they are fork tender. Remove from oven and let them cool so that they are easy to handle.
5. Cut potatoes into half.
6. With a spoon, scoop out potato flesh, and discard the skin.
7. In food processor, drop sweet potato flesh, butter, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
9. Serve maple-whipped sweet potatoes hot.