- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Maple Walnut Carrots Recipe
|Maple syrup||125 Milliliter|
|Whipping cream||125 Milliliter, whipped|
|Broken walnut pieces||60 Milliliter|
|Carrots||454 Gram, pared, julienned|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1474 Calories from Fat 807
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.1%
Saturated Fat 35.9 g179.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 548.7 mg
Sodium 374.7 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.3%
Sugars 105.4 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 1525.5% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 38.6% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Whip egg yolks and beat in syrup.
2) In a double boiler, cook this mixture until thick.
3) Take it off from heat and let cool to room temperature.
4) Mix in cream and nuts.
5) Allow the carrots to be steamed for 12 minutes.
6) To a serving dish, transfer the carrots and spoon over the sauce.
7) Serve immediately.