- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Maple Syrup and Waffles Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buck wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk/Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|Maple sap||2 Liter|
Calories 2115 Calories from Fat 562
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g97.8%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.9 mg
Sodium 1166.4 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 388 g129.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 304.8 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 68.9% Iron 54.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect the fresh sap from a maple tree.
2. Strain it and start reducing it on a medium flame until it reaches a temperature of 218 degrees. Set it aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the wheat flour, buckwheat flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. In a medium bowl, crack in the eggs and add the vanilla, milk and olive oil. Whisk it.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
6. Heat the waffle iron and pour in the waffle batter.
7. Cook until done.
8. Take them out, plate them and drizzle maple syrup on them. Serve hot.