- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Maple Oatmeal Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 850 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.1%
Saturated Fat 29.7 g148.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.8 mg
Sodium 619.7 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 64.3 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 29.4% Vitamin C 0.91%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C).
3) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
5) Continue beating and add egg and maple syrup.
6) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
7) Blend in creamed mixture and beat till mixed well.
8) For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
9) Add sugars and process until fluffy.
10) While the processor is running add egg and maple syrup and process well.
11) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
12) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
13) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time keeping edge round.
14) Put in preheated oven to bake for 12-14 minutes till golden.
25) Place in wire racks and cool.
16) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.