- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Maple Almond Beef Recipe
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Round steak/Sirloin steak||2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tiny peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), frozen, thawed|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (As Required)|
Calories 901 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92 mg
Sodium 567.4 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 28.3 g
Protein 58 g115.8%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 90.7%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In large skillet or wok, saute the garlic in the heated oil for 1 minute.
2) Stir in the beef and cook until browned.
3) Stir in the onion and red pepper, then cover and steam for about 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
4) In a bowl, mix the syrup, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch together, then stir into beef mixture and cook until thickened.
5) Stir in the peas and almonds, then heat thoroughly.
6) Serve immediately over a bed of rice.