- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Manicotti Alla Bolognese Recipe
|Manicotti noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Meat loaf mixture||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Cheddar cheese sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2307 Calories from Fat 850
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.8%
Saturated Fat 29.4 g147%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 584.8 mg
Sodium 2956.6 mg123.2%
Total Carbohydrates 223 g74.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.3%
Sugars 24.5 g
Protein 159 g318.9%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 75.8%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 46.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Shape meat-loaf mixture into a large patty in large skillet; brown for 5 minutes on each side; break into small pieces, then remove with a slotted spoon to a medium-size bowl.
3. Saute onion and garlic until soft in drippings in skillet. Add to the cooked meat with bread crumbs, egg, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, mixing until well blended.
4. Lift the manicotti noodles from the water, one at a time; drain. Till each with part of the meat mixture, using a long-handled spoon.
5. Pour half of the hot Cheddar Cheese Sauce into the bottom of a shallow, 12-cup flameproof dish. Place filled manicotti on the cheese sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
6. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 5 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.