- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), finely chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (or To Taste)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and drained|
|Manicotti shells||12 Ounce|
|Ricotta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Spaghetti sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon granules||2 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 966 Calories from Fat 526
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.9%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g127%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.5 mg66.2%
Sodium 1810 mg75.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 42 g84.9%
Vitamin A 128.4% Vitamin C 35.6%
Calcium 46.6% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook spinach according to package directions. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add manicotti shells and parboil for half of the time recommended on the package. Drain and cover with cool water to stop the cooking process and prevent the shells from cracking.
3. To the ground beef mixture add the cooked spinach and ricotta cheese. When the mixture is cool, add the beaten eggs. Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Gently drain the manicotti shells and carefully stuff each one with the meat and cheese mixture; place shells in prepared dish. Lightly cover the dish with plastic wrap or a clean, damp towel to prevent shells from cracking.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Prepare the white sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and chicken bouillon. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to bubble. Stir in half and half and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Pour or ladle the sauce evenly over the stuffed shells.
6. Stir the basil into the remaining spaghetti sauce. Carefully pour or ladle spaghetti sauce over the white sauce, trying to layer the sauces without mixing.
7. Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes more.