- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Mango Mousse Recipe
|Ripe mango||1 Large|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened apple puree||300 Milliliter (0.5 Pint)|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Artificial sweetener||To Taste|
|Powdered gelatin||3 Teaspoon|
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.79 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.34 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.5 mg
Sodium 27.8 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 71.3%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Blend the mango flesh and lime juice in the liquidizer; if necessary, make up to 300 ml (1/2 pint) with water.
3. Mix the mango and apple purees together; add the honey and yogurt. Add artificial sweetener to taste.
4. Put the gelatine and water into a small bowl; stand over a pan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Stir the gelatine mixture into the fruit puree.
5. Whisk the egg white until stiff but not dry; fold lightly but thoroughly into the mango and apple mixture.
6. Spoon into stemmed passes and chill for 2-3 hours. (Can be chilled for up to 24 hours.)