- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango Jam (Aka Murrabo) Making Made Easy Recipe Video
|Green mangoes||2 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
|Cardamom seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, minced|
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.46%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 58.8 g
Protein 0.57 g1.1%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 42.5%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash, peel and chop the fleshy part of mangoes. Wash the chopped mangoes, drain the water completely then set aside.
2. In a large pot, boil water. Put the mangoes into the boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and transfer the mangoes to a bowl.
4. In the same pot, add sugar and 1/3 cup of water. Keep stirring for 1 minute.
5. Add in the mangoes and stir well. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, add cardamom, clove and cinnamon. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Remove the pot from heat. Add in saffron to the jam and mix well.
8. Let it cool then transfer to a clean jar and refrigerate.
9. Serve the Mango Jam with bread and enjoy.