- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango Tomato Raita Recipe
|Ripe mangoes||24 Ounce (2 Mangoes, 12 Ounce Each)|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||3 , seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Jalapeno chili||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped, seeds and ribs removed|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.32 g0.49%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 181.7 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 47.3%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel mangoes and discard pits.
2. Cut the mango into 1/4-inch dice.
3. In a bowl, fold in mangoes with tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno.
4. In a separate bowl, blend yogurt and garam masala.
5. Mix fruits with the mango mixture.
6. Season with salt.
7. Add cilantro and fold gently to mix.
8. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, but not more than that.
9. Stir well before serving.