- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango Salsa and Crispy Fish Recipe Video
|Mango||1 , chop (for salsa)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , finely chopped (for salsa)|
|Red onions||1⁄2 , chopped finely (for salsa)|
|Lime||1 , juice extracted (for salsa)|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon (for salsa)|
|Cilantro||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for salsa)|
|Salt blend||1 Tablespoon (for salsa (salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin))|
|Crackers||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crush (for fish)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for fish)|
|Scallion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (for fish (fresh))|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop (for fish)|
|Dried thyme/Thyme||1 Teaspoon (for fish)|
|Old bay seasoning||1 Tablespoon (with lemon and herb for fish)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon (for fish)|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for fish)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for fish)|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for fish)|
|Egg||2 , beaten (for fish)|
|Tilapia filets||1 Pound|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying fish)|
Calories 1824 Calories from Fat 1182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g204.9%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 308.5 mg
Sodium 3957.9 mg164.9%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.6%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 63 g126.1%
Vitamin A 106.1% Vitamin C 245.3%
Calcium 43.9% Iron 35.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For salsa, in a large mixing bowl, add mango, red pepper, and onion. Mix well.
2. For dressing, in a separate bowl, mix lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, and seasoning blend.
3. Pour dressing in the mixing bowl. Toss it well.
4. For crumb mixture, in a large bowl combine crackers, parmesan cheese, scallions, parsley, thyme, old bay seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix it well.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix.
6. In a large bowl put flour. Keep aside.
7. In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
8. Now, drop tilapia fillet in flour, wash it with egg, and then coat it with crumb mixture. Repeat for remaining fillets.
9. In a skillet, heat oil, and drop fish fillet in it. Fry until golden brown.
10. Serve crispy fish hot with mango salsa.