- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango Relish Recipe
|Mangoes||2 1⁄4 Pound|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Pound|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom pods||3 , coarsely pounded (Black Variety)|
|Black cardamom||3 , coarsely pounded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4647 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 23351.7 mg973%
Total Carbohydrates 1200 g400.1%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87.1%
Sugars 1171.3 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 200.6% Vitamin C 480.3%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a saucepan, add the washed, dried, peeled, and grated mangoes.
2) Place the pan over low heat, add in the sugar and mixing at intervals using a wooden spoon, for about half an hour.
3) When the mixture changes color and leaves like a thread when lifted with the spoon, take away from heat.
4) Mix in the salt, pepper, and chili powder with the coarsely pounded cardamom pods.
5) Allow the mixture to cool.
6) To a clean, dry glass jar, transfer the mixture and close with a nonmetallic, airtight lid.
7) Store in a cool, dark place or the refrigerator.
8) Serve with snacks or other dishes of your choice as a dip.