- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango Pie Recipe Video
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (1 1/2-2)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ripe mango||1 , cut into bite size pieces (Honey mango used)|
|Peach||1 , cut into bite size pieces (or 1/2 cup of cubed pineapple)|
|Pie crust||2 (9-inch to 11-inch pie crust)|
Calories 603 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 478.2 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 2% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Pie baking tray
1. Grease a baking pie tray and set aside
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F
3. In a bowl add 1 tablespoon of corn starch, sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Add the cut mangoes and peach into the bowl and coat the pieces well with the corn starch mixture.
5. Take a pie crust and press it into a pie baking tray. Fill the mango and peach mixture into the pie crust. Using a spoon press down the fruit mixture firmly into the pie crust.
6. Place the second pie crust on top of the filled in crust and seal the edges well. Cut off the excess crust on the edges. Fold in the edge to make a simple pattern.
7. Using a knife score a pattern on the top to let the steam escape while baking.
8. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Serve garnished with some mango wedges and whipped cream.