- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango Chutney Recipe
|Ripe mangoes||2 1⁄4 Pound|
|Vinegar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Soft dark brown sugar||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Root ginger||1 Inch, finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, finely chopped|
|Dried fruit and nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Assorted Such As Raisins, Currants, Walnuts, Dates, And Cashews)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3311 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 646.9 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 779 g259.6%
Dietary Fiber 29.8 g119.2%
Sugars 741.2 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 205% Vitamin C 479.5%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pare the mangoes, then cut the flesh into slices.
2) In a glass or ceramic bowl or other container, put the raw mangoes and then add the vinegar, soft dark brown sugar, salt, chili powder and chopped ginger.
3) Mix well, cover with lid, and leave for atleast 12 hours to marinate.
4) Into a stainless steel saucepan,transfer the mixture after marination for 12 hours and cook over low heat, mixing many a times till the mixture starts to thicken.
5) Now add the chopped fruit and nuts and further cook, mixing frequently to avoid burning till the mixture is of thick consistency.
6) Take off the pan from heat.
7) When the chutney is cool enough, adjust the seasoning with more salt, chili powder, and vinegar to taste.
8) Into a clean dry glass or ceramic jar or jars,transfer the chutney and close tightly with nonmetalic, airtight lids.
9) Store in a cool, dark place or the refrigerator.
10) Serve with snacks or other course of your choice.