- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango Bricks Recipe
|Milk||8 Fluid Ounce (225 Milliliter)|
|Granulated sugar||38 Milliliter (2 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||23 Milliliter, sifted (1 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Coconut liqueur||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Filo pastry sheets||4|
|Caster sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Raspberry puree||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Mint sprigs||3 (For Decoration)|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.5 mg
Sodium 131.5 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 34.9 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 78%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, boil the milk.
2. Beat granulated sugar and egg yolks till the mixture turns lemon yellow and light. Mix the flour and stir well.
3. Top the egg mixture by pouring milk and then place the mixture in the saucepan again. Cook, stirring constantly, till the mixture thickens. Take the pan from heat and keep aside for cooling.
4. Add coconut liqueur to the cooled pastry cream and keep aside.
5. Remove the mango peels and discard the stone. Slice the flesh or cut into small pieces.
6. Take the 4 filo pastry sheets, spread about 1 tbsp pastry cream on each, keep the sliced mango in the middle, fold the side upwards and over the mango slices. Fold the top as well as bottom so that it resembles a brick. Repeat the process with all mango slices to form even sized bricks. Keep aside till required.
7. Remove kiwi fruit peel and discard the white center. Take a food process, add kiwi flesh, caster sugar and 4 tbsp water and blend to a fine puree. Refrigerate till required.
8. Take a pan, melt butter to golden brown, add mango bricks and fry for 25 minutes, turning halfway though, so that both sides turn golden.
9. Take serving plates, arrange the golden mango bricks, garnish with fresh mint sprigs and serve with raspberry puree and kiwi puree.