- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango And Ginger Chicken Salad Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken breast/Turkey breast||1 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.4 mg
Sodium 293.3 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 28 g55.3%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 63.3%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the ginger, garlic, chicken, salt and pepper in the oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is tender.
2) In a salad bowl, remove the chicken and keep aside.
3) In the same skillet, add the chicken broth and lemon juice, allow to boil until the pan liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon, scraping the sides.
4) Then allow the liquid to cool.
5) In a bowl, mix the reduced pan liquid, mayonnaise and yogurt together, toss into chicken to coat well.
6) Stir in the mango, celery and red pepper, mix well.
7) Refrigerate for several hours until ready to serve.
8) Sprinkle with the thinly sliced green onions and serve immediately.