- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mango and Custard Apple Mousse Recipe
|Caster sugar||30 Gram|
|Warm milk||150 Milliliter|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Custard apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mango||1 , chopped|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.9 mg
Sodium 39.1 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 33.1%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine egg yolks and sugar and mix well using a whisk.
2. Add warm milk and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 8 minutes or till egg cooks partially.
When the mixture starts to thicken, remove off flame and place on crushed ice.
3. Meanwhile, combine gelatin with few drops of water and melt over double boiler.
4. Mix well and add to egg mixture and whisk well.
5. Crush mint leaves in a mortar pestle and squeeze out the juice.
6. Add mint juice to egg mixture along with custard apple puree and mix well.
7. Keep to set for half hour over ice or in the refrigerator.
8. After half hour, remove and whisk again. Add whipped cream and fold in whipped cream.
9. Place chopped mangoes at base of each glass.
10. Pour in individual glasses and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or till set.
11. Garnish with mint sprigs (optional) or serve plain as a dessert.