- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mandarin Shrimp Sticks Recipe
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (Curry Powder - 2 Teaspoons)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Curry Powder - 2 Teaspoons)|
|Onion||2 Teaspoon, minced (Curry Powder - 2 Teaspoons)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Curry Powder - 2 Teaspoons)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Curry Powder - 2 Teaspoons)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Curry Powder - 2 Teaspoons)|
|Instant chicken broth||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (Curry Powder - 2 Teaspoons)|
|Shrimps||1 Pound, cooked, deveined|
|Canned mandarin orange segments||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.5 mg
Sodium 471.5 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan heat butter or margarine. Heat curry powder in it for 1 minute.
2) Add flour, onion, garlic salt, sugar, and chicken broth.
3) Cook stirring constantly until bubbly.
4) Add water and continue cooking, stirring until sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
5) Take off from heat and add lemon juice.
6) Spoon the mixture into a small bowl.
7) Secure each shrimp and mandarin-orange segment onto a wooden pick.
8) Serve with warm curry sauce.