- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jeff Baker's Sausage Mushroom Stew Recipe Video
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Pearled barley||150 Gram|
|Breakfast sausage links||1 Medium (lean)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth||6 Cup (96 tbs) (low sodium)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.1 mg
Sodium 1363.6 mg56.8%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 215% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a large pot over medium high. Add breakfast sausages and brown them.
2. Add onion, carrot and saute till the onion is translucent, for about 5 minutes.
3. Put the mushrooms and continue to cook for a few minutes till the mushroom begin to give out water. Then add the barley and stir.
4. Season with thyme then pour in the beef broth.
5. Bring liquid to a boil. Cover with lid, reduce heat and let simmer till the barley is cooked.
6. Ladle the Sausage Mushroom Stew into a deep dish bowl, and garnish with cilantro. Serve by itself like a soup or accompany with some crusty bread.