- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mama Sita's Ampalaya Salad Recipe Video
|Bitter melon||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Rock salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 Small, thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|For the dressing|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Coconut nectar vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Mama Sita's)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.33 g0.51%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4814.5 mg200.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 24.5 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 152.4%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedStrainer
1. In a bowl, rub salt over bitter melon and leave for 20 minutes.
2. Squeeze out salt with water after 20 minutes, wash and drain in fresh water.
3. Arrange it in a plate, place tomatoes over it.
4. Followed by red onion. Place the plate in refrigerator until needed.
5. In a pot combine Mama Sita's coconut nectar and water and boil for 2 minutes. Add sugar and rock salt
6. Dissolve the sugar. Let it cool. And pour it over the salad.
7. Serve with your meal.