- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Malted Milk Candy Cake Recipe
|Butter stick||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (1/2 Stick, At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Malted milk balls||1 Cup (16 tbs), roughly ground|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Powdered cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs), sifted (Or Use As Much Needed)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or Use As Much Needed)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8874 Calories from Fat 4530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 513 g789.5%
Saturated Fat 187.5 g937.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1033.4 mg
Sodium 2697.1 mg112.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1060 g353.4%
Dietary Fiber 70.8 g283.2%
Sugars 721.9 g
Protein 96 g192.2%
Vitamin A 302.4% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 87.3% Iron 106.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large bowl, add butter and sugar and using an electric mixer, blend to a creamy mixture. Mix in oil, cocoa and egg and blend thoroughly.
2. Take another bowl, Sieve in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix with egg mixture alternating with sour cream and buttermilk. Add in malted milk balls and vanilla.
3. Divide into equal amounts and transfer to greased pans. Bake for 25 minutes till knife inserted comes out clean.
4. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, transfer to cake racks and cool thoroughly. Even the edges and discard crumbs before frosting.
5. Take a saucepan, add butter and cocoa and on medium heat, stirring frequently, bring the mixture to boil. Transfer to a bowl, add half and half and sugar alternatively, while keeping the stirring on. Add vanilla and mix till the mixture reaches frosting consistency.
6. Pour frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
7. Slice and serve.
1. To thin thick frosting, add half-and-half, 1 tbsp each. For thickening the thin frosting, add sifted confectioner's sugar, ¼ cup a time.