- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Malted Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk chocolate chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Large (At Room Temperature)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick, At Room Temperature)|
|Powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Tablespoon (More If Needed)|
|Malted milk||4 Tablespoon (Depending On How Much You Like That Malt Flavor)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6121 Calories from Fat 1509
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 172 g265.2%
Saturated Fat 97.8 g489.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 977.1 mg
Sodium 2862.4 mg119.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1139 g379.8%
Dietary Fiber 46.6 g186.4%
Sugars 850 g
Protein 78 g155.6%
Vitamin A 102.9% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 89.6% Iron 181.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with the hot water until it forms a paste.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, malted milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate chips, butter, and sugar and microwave for 2 minutes. With an electric hand mixer, beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes, until the mixture is smooth.
6. On high speed, beat in the eggs (one at a time) into the butter mixture until it is smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7. Switch to medium speed and beat in the vanilla extract and cocoa paste until smooth.
8. Whisk in half of the flour mixture, followed by the sour cream, followed by the rest of the flour mixture. Finish it off by beating it on high speed with your hand mixer until it is incorporated.
9. Fill each cupcake liner about two-thirds of the way full.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Rotate the pans halfway through the baking time, if possible.
11. In the meantime, make your frosting. In a large mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients with a fork.
Beat on medium to high speed until the frosting is smooth and fluffy. Set aside until cupcakes have finished baking and cooled.
12. When baked, remove cupcakes from oven and let them cool for about 30-45 minutes.
13. Frost them with the prepared icing.
14. Arrange them on a platter and serve at tea-time and enjoy!