- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mallu fish fry. Recipe
|Chilli powder||To Taste (prefer the traditional kerala meshed chilly powder but can have normal chilli powder also)|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Ginger garlic paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , cut into equal small pieces|
|Curry leaves||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.6 mg64.2%
Sodium 2174.9 mg90.6%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 42 g84.2%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 140.8%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. to ensure the fish recieves proper marination, use the knife to draw lines over the flesh. ensure you do not cut the body as fish flesh is tender.
3. Apply raw lemon juice and let it be there for 5 minutes or so.
4. Put Green chillies, onion, ginger garlic paste into the mixer grinder bowl and mesh it ensuring this becomes a paste.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder, black pepper powder , 1 teaspoon of yogurt to the above paste.
6. Take the lemon soaked fish pieces and apply this paste properly.
7. keep this as it is for about10 minutes so that the paste with its ingredients properly apply themselves ont he fish flesh to get good taste.
8. In the meanwhile take a pan and use about 8 to 10 teaspoons of sunflower oil ( you can use any vegetable oils of your choice) to the frying pan.
9. Heat the pan with oil for 2 minutes or so. Now take the marinated fish pieces and put them one by one into the pan with hot oil.
10. Ensure you stand by side when this is being fried as constant attention is required for the fish to be properly fried. Ensure you fry the fish both sides and one needs to be carefull to the extent the fish needs to be fried. I will say when the fishstarts becoming browny, we can be relatively sure that the fish is getting fried. Please test the level of flesh getting fried by constantly testing the flesh by inserting the flesh of the fish.It is safe to say that 10 minutes of frying ensures the fish fry to be ready.
11. Take the oil soaked fried fish from the pan to a plate. (The mallu fish fry ajit's style is ready to be served to eat/relish).