- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Malaysian - Roti Canai Recipe
|Plain flour||10 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 942 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.2%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.7 mg
Sodium 193.8 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
2. Add ghee and water and knead till the dough smooth.
3. Let the dough rest for about 2 to 3 hours to soften.
4. Make small balls from the dough, oil the work top with ghee and work each ball into a very thin sheet.
5. First flatten with oiled palms, now thin it again by pulling the edges.
6. Sprinkle the dough sheet with 1 tsp ghee and fold in edges, shape it into a square.
7. Now sprinkle a little flour and roll out slightly.
8. Preheat the griddle or pan, grease it well with ghee.
9. When hot, put roti on, cook for about 2 to3 minutes until golden brown.
10. Lift roti with a spatula, grease the griddle with ghee, and cook the other side.
11. Serve roti canai with choice of curry. Ideally goat curry goes very well with roti canai.