- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nasi Lemak Recipe Video
|For nasi lemak rice|
|Basmati/Jasmine rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger root||50 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Banana leaves||1 (For Serving)|
|For sambal ikan bilis|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Ginger||10 Gram, peeled and sliced|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp paste||1 Teaspoon (Dried)|
|Tamarind pulp||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili pepper||30 Gram (soaked in water)|
|Anchovies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dried)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil/Peanut oil||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 1318 Calories from Fat 412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g73%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.8 mg
Sodium 1556.5 mg64.9%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g68%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 71.2%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Follow the direction on the package of the rice to cook it and add coconut milk to it.
2. Into the pot of rice, add the tied Pandan leaves in a knot.
3. Add ginger and salt and to the rice and give it a good stir.
4. Bring rice to the boil stirring constantly reduce to simmer and cook 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Take the rice off the heat once done, keep the lid on and steam it to make the rice fluffy.
6. Meanwhile to make the sambal sauce, cut the shallots shallots, garlic, ginger, red onion and chilies to a food processor.
7. Heat oil in pan or a skillet, add the minced mixture into the pan and cook for 10 minutes until it turns reddish brown.
8. Add the sugar, water and stir it well.
9. Let the sauce thicken and then add the tamarind pulp and the juice of the lime to it, along with the dried anchovies.
10.If need be pour some more water while you add in the shrimp paste.
11.Pour in the fish sauce, and make any adjustments as per taste.
12.Now cut the banana leaf to fit your plate or platter.
13.Place the bowl anywhere on the banana leaf, scoop the rice on it and pour the sambal on it.
14.Serve this whole meal for lunch or dinner.