- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Malay Chicken Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||10 Pound (4 nos, about 2 1/2 pounds each)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 stick)|
|Freshly grated coconut/Flaked and canned coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5886 Calories from Fat 1082
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g188.4%
Saturated Fat 58.3 g291.5%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 2759.8 mg
Sodium 6896.7 mg287.4%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 22.2 g88.7%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 1059 g2117.7%
Vitamin A 64.3% Vitamin C 177.9%
Calcium 78.6% Iron 214.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate bones from chicken breasts, and cut the meat in cubes of about 1 ½ inches.
2. In a small skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter or margarine, and lightly brown the coconut in it. Remove from heat.
3. Add remaining butter, and onions and saute them until lightly brown.
4. Take a large saucepan; add onions, coconut, saffron, coriander, salt, chili powder, garlic, ginger, lime juice, lemon rind, sugar and chicken. Simmer for about 5 minutes, by stirring frequently.
5. In a small bowl add coconut milk and cornstarch, and stir this mixture into the saucepan. Simmer the chicken for another 10 minutes until the chicken turns tender. ( Allow it to remain on low heat for few more minutes until the noodles are cooking).
6. Cook the noodles as per the package instructions. Drain and keep it aside.
7. Spoon the cooked noodles into serving platter and serve after topping with chicken.