- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Malabar Meat Biryani Recipe Video
|Green chilies||10 (Or To Taste)|
|Mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon (Of 2 Lemons)|
|Basmati rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken/Mutton / lamb||3 Pound|
|Onion||4 Large, thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, diced|
|Green chillies||To Taste (6 - 10 Green Chilies)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon (Approximately 2 Tablespoons)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Garam masala powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 Handful)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 Handful)|
|Juice of lemon||2 Medium|
|Basmati||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Approximately 5 Cups)|
Calories 1989 Calories from Fat 485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.5%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g88.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.4 mg
Sodium 508.2 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 272 g90.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 98 g195%
Vitamin A 40.8% Vitamin C 204.5%
Calcium 37% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To make the chicken masala :
1. Chop onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies preferably using a food processor in 2 or 3 pulses.
2. In a heated pan pour oil and sauté the chopped ingredients until onions turn brown
3. Add salt, tomatoes and mix well.
4. Add the coriander powder and turmeric powder and stir well.
5. Add the chicken and garam masala.
6. Mix well and add mint, coriander, yogurt and lemon juice.
7. Let the chicken cook in the masala until the chicken softens and masala thickens for about 40 minutes.
To make the Rice :
8. In a pan pour ghee or oil add the rice and saute it on low flame.
9. Add the boiling water, salt and garam masala.
10. Cover with lid on medium flame until the water evaporates and the rice softens.
To make the Seasoning :
11. In a pan heat oil, add onions cashews and raisins and saute until golden brown. Add the raisins in the last.
To assemble the biryani :
12. Layer the chicken masala on the bottom of a baking pan.
13. Add a layer of rice on top of the chicken masala.
14. Sprinkle the food coloring and pineapple essence on the rice.
15. Repeat until you are done with all of the chicken masala and rice.
16. Sprinkle the seasoning on the last layer.
17. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until the steam comes out from the rice.
18. Serve with raita and pickle.