- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Makki ki Roti - Indian Flat Corn Bread Recipe Video
|Yellow corn flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.02 g0.02%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 488.7 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.08 g0.16%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.81%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add and combine the corn flour with salt and boiling water. knead well using a spatula. Knead the flour to form a dough.
2. Once done, take a lemon size ball of the dough and place it on a floured surface. Using a rolling pin gently roll it into a flat base, making sure no cracks appear.
3. Once all the rotis are rolled out, set them aside on a plate.
4. Heat a non stick pan and once it is hot, cook the makki ki rotis one at a time until light golden brown and cooked.
5. Once done, transfer them onto a serving plate and get ready to serve.
6. Serve these makki ki rotis hot with sarson ka saag or any other curry of choice.