- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to make Puri Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Pinch|
|Olive oil/Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for deep frying)|
Calories 118 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 43.3 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedTortilla maker
Deep frying pan
1. Place the flour, salt, oil and cumin seeds in the food processor and add water as needed.
2. Process until all the ingredients have combined and you have dough.
3. Transfer the dough on a work top and knead until the dough it smooth and elastic.
4. Once done, take small amount of the dough and make small balls place it on a plate.
5. Preheat the tortilla maker, flatten the round ball and place it in the center of the tortilla maker.
6. Press the top portion of the tortilla maker for few seconds and then open it.
7. Remove the puri dough and set it on a plate.
8. Preheat a deep frying and pour the oil let it heat up and then fry the puri until it fluffed up and brown on both side.
9. Remove with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel.
10. Serve the hot puri with aloo sabji.