- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Video 1 Making Jam And Infusing Fruit Recipe Video
|For cherry jam|
|Fresh cherries||4 Cup (64 tbs) (pitted)|
|Lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon skin||4 , halved|
|For infused cherries|
|Fresh cherries||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Grand marnier||3 Cup (48 tbs) (bottled)|
|Armagnac||2 Cup (32 tbs) (bottled)|
|Seagrams||1 Cup (16 tbs) (bottled)|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.23 g0.36%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.24 mg0.01%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 34.9 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For Cherry Jam: Wash the cherries and cut off the stems. Cut the cherries into halves.
2. For Infused Cherries: Wash the cherries and cut off the ends of the stems. Pierce each cherry with a needle.
FOR CHERRY JAM
3. In a jam pot, heat the water at 225 degree F and bring to a boil.
4. Add sugar and lemon juices into the pot, stir well and keep simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add in the pitted cherries and combine with sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and let it cool. Ladle the cherry syrup into the sterilized jars. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim and put lids and caps.
7. Place these jars in the water bath canner at 212 degree F and process it for 5 minutes.
FOR INFUSED CHERRIES
8. Put the cherries into the jars. Fill 3 jars with Grand marnier, 2 with armagnac and one with seagrams.
9. Serve the Cherry Jam and Canned Infused Cherries with bread or biscuits.