- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Pot Pie Recipe Video
|Pie crusts||2 Large|
|Unsalted butter||4 Gram|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Celery stick||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Caroots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Turkey broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.2 mg
Sodium 1371.3 mg57.1%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 80.8% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
2. Cube the leftover cooked turkey and set aside.
3. Peel and cube potatoes.In a sauce pan, bring them to a boil with water and set aside.
4. Chop the onion,celery and dice the carrots.
5. In a large sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter.
6. Add the onion, celery and carrots and saute until tender.
7. Next goes in the parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
8. Drop the potatoes and peas and cook till the vegetables are tender.
9. In another pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in the flour.
10.Pour in the milk and stir.
11.Add the cooked turkey and the sauteed vegetables.
12.Cook until thickened and set aside to cool.
13.Roll out the pastry crust to cover the bottom of a 10 inch pie dish.
14.Pour the cooled mixture in an unbaked pie shell.
15.Roll out the top crust and cover the filling, crumpling and pressing the egdes together.
16.Make some slits on the top cover of the pie to let the steam escape.
17.Bake in a 425 degrees oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
18. Serve warm.