- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Shepherd's Pie Recipe Video
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.7 mg
Sodium 451.5 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 51.7% Vitamin C 68%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut in cubes and boil in salted water.
3. Peel and chop the onion and the carrot.
4. Place a sauce pan over heat and pour olive oil in it.
5. Add the ground beef and saute it.
6. When the meat is lightly browned throw in the chopped onions and continue to saute.
7. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt and the chopped fresh parsley.
8. Sprinkle in a few dashes of the worcestershire sauce before adding in the peas and the carrots.Saute for a couple of minutes more.
9. In a medium baking dish, empty the meat mixture.
10.In a mixing bowl, take the boiled potatoes and season with salt.
11.Add butter and milk to the potatoes and whip to a fine consistency.
12.Top the meat and vegetable mixture in the baking dish with the whipped potatoes.
13.Spread it around and level it and with the back of the fork score lines on the top.
14.Sprinkle in paprika and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
15. Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve warm.